D365 F&O: AddIns/Context Development (Developer Tool) Part I


Hello Folks
I know many of you would have worked customizing AddIns in AX2009/2012... Yes! I’m talking about the context addIns and writing your own classes/functions to trigger and very useful for a developer to save their time during development like Creations of labels, Simple form creation when right-clicking the table(with the data source and design), privileges etc..



Great so far!! Now, Did you ever think how you can customize AddIns in D365 F&O Visual Studio;
Today, I would like to focus on the context menu (Or) Addins development.
A lot of great tools have been added to Microsoft Visual Studio to support development. To make it easier to create your own add-ins, you can select the Dynamics Developer Tools Add-in project type when you create a new project in Visual Studio. This project type has the infrastructure that is required to implement an add-in.



One of a good example provided by MS - Visual Studio add-ins that support form patterns

You can visit GitHub to explore more on AddIns development and artifacts to be customized.
However, I would love to showcase an example wherein you can connect with labels reflection classes/metadata DLL's to trigger the label creation with your own context/addIns tools for tables, forms, etc. – and that’s all in Part I 😊



Keep in touch for Part II

Happy Daxing!



7 comments:

  1. Hi there! Nice stuff, do keep me posted when you post again something like this! e-prescription developer tools

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post, keep up with this interesting work. It really is good to know that this topic is being covered also on this web site so cheers for taking time to discuss this! Tools for Writers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. palm hills alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. ios app development slc

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.